Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Monday, September 13, 2010

Corpus Callosum Tuning


The Corpus Callosum is the largest white matter structure in the brain, consisting of 200–250 million contra lateral axonal projections. It connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres and facilitates inter-hemispheric communication.

I run experiments daily exercising the workings of the CC.

1. Two presentations feeding the visual cortex. I am not aware of the probable relationship of the frontal lobe to "bring together" the left-eye/right-lobe and right-eye/left-lobe visual information integration.

While driving, I stare at a spot (bug splatter) on the windshield and 'see past' the short focal length. Two spherical projections like two snow globes - the left eye and the right eye integration of visual information not yet joined together.

2. Stare at the 'vanishing perspective' of I-20 on the horizon either on a straight line or a gentle curve. With music playing, I relax and blink in sync with the musical rhythms. The effect of looking into the arm of a fractal starfish is impressive. I smoke K2 blunts and eat chocolate with almonds. I take sips of Diet Coke on ice from a 32oz foam cup. The interplay of the senses brings the fractal starfish to amazing emergence of integrated information. This I believe but cannot prove is the 'empire of the senses' [citation] from Claude Levi Strauss.

3. Walk on a nature trail and stare into the structure of plants. Look at nature through the lens of the blackberry phone.

4.

No comments: