Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inverted Ideation

Inverted ideation is my ability to see myself as another sees me. I monitor my behavior and I monitor the observed behaviors of the other - I have emotional intelligence and I study body language. I listen for mood in the timbre and tone of the others voice. I participate by active listening. If I am sufficiently aware of my dual self - my subjective self with its knowing self along with the subjective self and the knowing self of the other - I can assume the role of both minds. I can invert my view and intent by becoming the other's self. I use the theory of minds to become another's mind.

My abilitiy to attach an identity to my self is ideation. There are two types of self to consider and the first is the physical self also known as a material self. That kind of self is 'self as object' or the meatpuppet self. One to two hundred pounds of Kirk. The second kind of self is 'self as knower' or the subjective self.

Other people with minds like mine think thoughts like I do. I can take on the ideation of these others as they interact with me as I can look at myself in a mirror. I can become the self in the mirror. I can become both the objective self or the subjective self on that side of the mirror and on this side of the mirror. When I switch back and forth I am seeing my self as my other self sees me.

I can do this with other people as well. I can see myself in their eyes. Actually I can see myself in their faces. I can see searching eyes  and nervous anxiety in body language and I can invert ideation and become that other person looking back at me.

No comments: