Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Word and the Prophets

from Has Physics Made Philosophy and Religion Obsolete

This is you on math
" The delusion that cause => effect comes from the minds in our brains. Per Pinker's Stuff of Thought, my mind emerged from a brain that settled on the least worse responses to the the environment burning the least amount of brain function. For hunting and gathering, I inherited a mind hack that holds a provisionally useful strategy for passing on my genes. That is not reality - the menu is not the meal. I can model the million causes pressing against the million effect at the Newtonian 'middle world' of objects my primate self interacts with. But in the limit - I am an ensemble of entangled fermions and bosons without causes, purposes, intent..."

KNH comment on a believer-reality-tunnel cause=>effect trope...

No comments: