Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Curious Owls are Curious

One of the first ideas to bootstrap language was the synthesis of a single vision of the future from an ensemble of individuals with competing visions about what happens next. Language allows us to modulate distinct points of contention or bones to argue about. Was that object or natural (not supernatural) artifact his or was that an object belonging to the other one?

The old and sick knew then as they know now that they will be left behind on any trek. Some people cannot keep up. They will not seek self knowledge and cannot observe themselves as other people experience their behaviors.

The gumption to make this choice to keep up defines a sentient being. The ability to find joy in suffering; to know my mind, to understand about my germ-line, to view these events informed by the wisdom of science, to find joy that some vanishingly small part of my effort and will will live without me around anymore. I live ready to take my bow. I am not referring to suicide ideation or nihilism - a fork in the passion road at this point - but my daily practice of disciplined enlightenment takes me to a place and a time when I no longer exists. Instead a memory of me exists while no memory of me exists. The memory of who I was existed for a time and them no memory of who I was overtook that. This oscillation produced an entanglement that became me.

I am the idea of me which supports homeostasis in DS FfTE. IMA fractal loop AMA

No comments: