Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Candidate for HP

Please send your vita and cover letter to me via enclosure. The rules for nomination and selection 'prune' the choice via Bayesian Inference. The resulting candidate must still conform to the existing avatar of powerfulness, my current HP.
The Pruning Rules: from 'How to See God of $5 a Day'

    1. Is my candidate for HP virtuous?
    2. Does my candidate have impeccable manners?
    3. Will the candidate accept my fealty and worship?
    4. When I demote my HP back to demi-god status will I incur the wrath of a spurned lover?
    5. Can the candidate pinch hit if my current HP is unable to fulfill his/her tenure in office?
Yesterday for example I handed off HP status from my old boss Tom G. to Paco. This move was forced by my visit to Tom when I did not want or need the formality that comes from face to face contact with a HP that, well, just might not understand they they are in charge of my spiritual growth in the program at this time. The bad news for Paco is that almost immediately after my dinner with Tom, Charles Shultz's lovable Peanuts character Linus Van Pelt became my new HP.

I will discuss this more in my blog.
Here is the current roster of HP's that served full terms in office

Charles Darwin (more like a meta-HP, subtends all others)
Steven J Gould (1987-1996)
Richard Dawkins (1997-1998), (2003-2006)
Daniel Dennett (1999-2002)
Nicholas Nasim Taleb (2003-2007)
Zyprexa (2008-2009)
Karl Popper (2010-2011)

Situational HP's called into power by selection of subject matter expertise.

Steven Pinker (when ever I listen to Pinker on audio-books he rides shotgun as HP, that's how I roll)
Stuart Kaufman (it's not a date you would recognize, it's hipster obscure)
Ilya Prigogine (very complex set of dates that support dissipative structures far from thermodynamic equilibrium)
Stephen Hawking (Hawking radiation has captured a hologram of the universe in 10 dimensions so his tenure is tenseless)
Richard Feynmann (his dates are asymptotes to infinity, in the limit there are no dates or a sense of the passage of fine grained time)
Steven Weinberg (his guidance is best at the Plank length and in Plank time, 10^-43 seconds, the time a photon traverse the smallest physical 'distance' in space-time)
Beniot Mandelbrot (when running simulations on Alpha or Theta wavelengths with fractal geometry)
R. Buckminister Fuller (for geodesic geometry supporting engineering holons)
Tom G (when I think about computing machines)
Paco Ahlgren (if he serves me Ginger Ale and let's me derp de derp)
Linus Van Pelt (when I am sorta existential but not quite actually fully existential)

The Current Candidates
That woman I saw last night in the corner of my eye (it's personal)
Tomas Pynchon's character Pirate Prentice in Gravity's Rainbow (A screaming comes across the sky...)
Tomas Pynchon's character V. in the novel V. (she might have been the woman I saw last night in the corner of my eye)
Lord John Worfin
Yoyodyne System's CEO Lord John Worfin from the movie Buckaroo Bonzai (which stole Yoyodyne from Pynchon's "Crying of Lot 49")
Janetta Baker, the sister of a friend of mine that is almost always happy
Captain Kirk (TV's William Shatner as James 'Tirebiter' Kirk)

kirk 'powerless without a monist HP' holden

No comments: