Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Friday, February 21, 2014

Remembering a common future

If I want 1000 people to show up as a group at a certain place and at a certain time, I could make this happen in two ways. The first way and the hard way is to decide on a place and a time and then search for a common motivation or set of motivations that would propel a sufficiently large group of people to a common spot. The other way is to pick a spot where these people would show up anyway and change my motivation to match the motivation of the crowd.

In the first situation, my task becomes lowering information entropy across many minds. In the second, I must lower the information entropy of a single mind.

"There go my people: I must go and run and catch up because I am their leader."

No comments: