Rough Beast

Rough Beast
Grifo Mecanico - Diego Mazzeo

Friday, April 29, 2011

Dixie's Lost Causes



The parallels between the second Civil War that created Nixon's GOP and the third civil war that put a black man in the white house and Dixie's minions into the noosphere strike me funny. The less strident Republicans we be forced to take the RINO exit. In chaos theory, large changes come from small and almost imperceptible  changes in initial conditions. Maybe it will be evolution in the public schools. Dixie likes a fight it can never win.

The first civil war was fought over states rights, the second over civil rights and the third over the Presidency of an indentured servant in black face. This will fracture the GOP - it most wants the divorce - into Dixie mania. RINO's will find a party switch pleasant and comfortable if the experience in Texas proves. I'm looking at you Rick Perry. The virtuous RINO's will renounce violence then switch parties when the fourth civil war starts at Obama's second inauguration.


The North and South were almost pure reflections of the party. Slavery's fruit was a nation divided along party lines from the beginning. It will never change. Dixie loves a losing cause as much as it hates domestic partners.
-----------
The First Civil War - 1776.......British on British violence
The Second Civil War - 1860..Americans on American violence
The Third Civil War - 1964.....The GOP turns it's back on liberty. Democrats turn int ~GOP, the party for everyone else.
The Fourth Civil War - 2113....Christianist Coup led by General Palin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Religion and the State depend upon faith. As an atheist and agnostic, I tried to block out faith's pageantry but it did not work. From the atheists I get a constant sense that other people don't have a right to have fun because these people have an idea in their head that atheists don't like. The atheist does not want to believe in belief but the evidence that belief can uplift the minds of man in a common experience is the wrong side of a materialist line of demarcation.

The mind is either wholly inside my skull and made entirely of DNA and not angels. But I also thought Andrew was pretty smart in his red uniform. Plus hearing the cathedral bells and being able to put myself back in London. Rome, Paris and London were built to reinforce the mandate of heaven. Cathedrals were the path to heaven. The whining and the moaning and the pouting the atheist blogs get. Go read ThinkAtheist. But I can either choose to be uplifted or to be downcast when my TV screen hurls royal photons at me. I am counting on my continued faith that everyone can have their own ideas in their own heads without going crazy.

The mind is uplifted by a Royal Wedding. My faith is a provisional belief that is important to me. I do have an article of faith that the good feelings I get at a spectacle depend not on my belief in god but their belief. I have belief in belief even though I don't believe in the supernatural. My brain doesn't need a soul to make a mind with imagination. But my mind, multiplexed with billions of others sharing in a communal event can transmit a feeling each time a witness reads the words "Royal Wedding". There's more about Metcalfe numbers and fractals but that is a story for another time.

No comments: